Saturday, January 8, 2011

My bee magnets

When I first started, I was very focused on productive plants only and got busy removing anything that would provide the family with food.  I very quickly realised that if I didn't have more than that in the garden, there'd be no visitors and no pollination, so I got a few packets of seeds, some for flowers than I loved such as cosmos and poppies and then mixed packets as a lottery, just for fun.  What's showed up has surprised me, such as blue cornflowers and red carnations but the other surprise was the flowers on the veggies themselves.  We let our artichoke go to full flower as Mum said they are very attractive and are used in flower decorations.  as with all things, she was right.
Here are some of our other beauties


No comments:

Post a Comment